Monday, October 26, 2009

Changes


A whole 14 months have past since I've updated my blog. My life is completely different, too. I no longer have one sweet toddling little boy but a son who has changed so much in a year and a precious baby girl on the verge of toddling herself. These past 14 months have been full of changes for our little family. In 14 months, Shea has switched to a 'real!' bed, been potty trained and his vocabulary has EXPLODED. No longer do I have to decipher his baby speech, he has his OWN voice and he uses it!! He is a sharp little guy who doesn't forget anything. It's fabulous but has it's draw backs! I spend a lot of time trying to plan routes AROUND McDonald's, Chick-fil-a and now thanks to Nana and Pawpaw, Bojangles. Shea and I went to Target the other night and he saw Bojangles. All of a sudden I hear from the backseat "Mom!! [I'm Mom now, so sad, it's too soon!] You need to take me to Bojangles and get me a biscuit!" Nice. There goes that short cut!! HA!!

Our little Zoe Cate is now A WHOLE YEAR OLD!!!!!!! Where did that year go??? She is firecracker and I am loving her spunky personality, though I am sure it will cause a few headaches down the road!! :) Shea is an awesome big brother and Zoe Cate just adores him. It's been an interesting year adjusting to having 2 under 2. Overall, it's been great. We were very blessed to be able to have our children close together. While it's been work, we are already seeing the fruits of our labors. Shea is growing [too quickly] in to a young boy who adores animals, trucks and singing Old MacDonald at the top of his lungs. Zoe Cate is blossoming in to her own, also. She did have to get tubes but they have done a world of good for her. The afternoon of her procedure she started cruising. While I am no MD [obviously!], it's pretty coincidental that she started cruising the day she got her tubes. I know it helped her equilibrium and balance. She is now cruising down the hall with only the aid of her hand on the wall. Zoe Cate makes us laugh every day with her fiery nature and sweetness. She is taking on the role of little sis just perfectly!!

So, in summary, I love my babies, I love my sweet husband and this beautiful life we've created!! Here's to hoping I can be better at posting!

3 comments:

The Hardy Family said...

Yay!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you are blogging again!!! I"m so proud of you!!! I love your post!! You do have some amazing, sweet children and you are very blessed. They are so blessed to have such a fabulous, spunky, hilarious mama!!! I will be checking this often for more updates girly! :) At least once a month will do, huh?! Love ya!

Sabrina said...

She is adorable! It's really hard to find time to blog when you are busy with little ones all the time!

Tina said...

Glad you are back!!!! Sweet post. You truly are blessed!!!!