Thursday, October 29, 2009

BAM!!! Watch out Emeril....

It happens every day at around the same time. Dinner time. Those who know me know that I am NOT A FAN of cooking. I just do not enjoy cooking. I know how to follow recipes and I've been told that I'm a 'good cook' when I actually do cook. I know as a mom and a wife that is very important for my family to have home cooked meals. I know it's true, but I don't have to like it! :) Shea has really been in to helping me lately. Each evening as I am getting ready to cook, he says to me "I can help you fix it!". Last week he helped me make mashed potatoes. He really enjoyed using the mixer but had to be reminded a few times to KEEP THE MIXER IN THE BOWL WHILE IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight, I made my speciality, Hamburger Helper!! Don't laugh, that stuff is good and y'all know it! Shea, of course, wanted to help so I told him he could help me after I browned the meat. He is so proud of himself!
I love his concentration while stirring, this is serious business. Having a helper does make cooking take a bit longer but he is so happy to help and so proud to be 'big enough' to cook that it makes it worth it.I love this sweet helper. Just wait till he gets to be the big helper when we CLEAN UP dinner! :)

1 comment:

Tina said...

Gourmet Chef in the making!!!! TOO cute.