Wednesday, November 11, 2009

When I was a little boy...

Both Shea and Zoe Cate have always talked in a different tone to animals and babies. We noticed when Shea was just starting to babble that when he would babble 'talking' to Charlie or my parents dog, Milo, that he would use a higher pitch voice. Almost as if he was doing 'baby talk'. Zoe Cate has done the same thing. It is so sweet to watch her talk to Charlie and love on her!! I can remember Shea doing the SAME thing when he was a sweet baby.

We have had a bit of a time lately with Shea not wanting Zoe Cate to touch ANY of his toys. ANY OF THEM. Seriously. Shea, you've been around a couple years longer than Zoe Cate. You've had a little more time to acquire 'stuff'!!! Earlier, Zoe Cate got a couple of Shea's trains. He started to protest so I told him to just calm down. "She never plays with anything that long. She won't hurt them!", I said to him. So, he was watching her carefully and she was having a great time. Then he said to her, in that sweet high pitched voice reserved for animals and babies, "You like those trains, Zoe? Those were mine when I was a little boy.". His face was full of such love for her. After how rough and not very kind he's been to her this past week, it was sweet to witness him being loving towards her! I am thinking Shea considers himself a BIG boy and not a little boy....he's right!!

1 comment:

The Hardy Family said...

I'm just now catching up on your cute blog stories!! Of course, they ALL make me laugh!! Your kiddos are so cute with the things they say and do!! I love it!!